Terms of Service
Welcome to Lyflynks, Inc. (“LyfLynks”, “we”,“us” or “our”)! We provide our visitors and members (collectively, “You” or “Your”) with access to our platform in order to facilitate the coordination of care into the homes of their parents and elders. Your use of https://lyflynks.com/ (the “Site”), LyfLynks’ member care center (“Member Care Center”) and mobile application (the “App” ) as well as other LyfLynks products, software, services, and web sites (referred to collectively as the “Services”) is subject to these terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”). THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SET FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, AND/OR BROWSING THE SITE OR DOWNLOADING THE APP, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR ACCEPT THE TERMS OF SERVICE IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT ACCESS AND/OR USE THE SERVICES.
Please review the following terms carefully. You may access the Site as a “Visitor” (which means that You simply browse the Site), or as a “Member” (which means that You have established a Member Profile with us (Your “Member Profile” )).
Your use of, and participation in, certain Services may be subject to additional terms (“Supplemental Terms”) and such Supplemental Terms will be presented to You for Your acceptance when you sign up to use the supplemental Service. If these Terms of Service are inconsistent with the Supplemental Terms, the Supplemental Terms shall control with respect to such Service and Your use thereof. Once accepted, the Supplemental Terms are incorporated into these Terms of Service.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY LYFLYNKS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME. When changes are made, LyfLynks will make a new copy of the Terms of Service available at https://www.lyflynks.com/terms-conditions and/or within the App. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of the Terms of Service. If we make any material changes, and you are a Member, we will also send an email to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us pursuant to the Terms of Service. Any changes to the Terms of Service will be effective immediately for new users of the Service and will be effective thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Site for existing Members, provided that any material changes shall be effective for users who have a Member Profile with us upon the earlier of thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Site and/or App or thirty (30) days after dispatch of an e-mail notice of such changes to existing Members. LyfLynks may require you to provide consent to the updated Terms of Service in a specified manner before further use of the Service is permitted. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Services. Otherwise, your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE SITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS OF SERVICE.
1. MEMBER ELIGIBILITY & PROFILES.
a. Eligibility. By using the Services, You represent and warrant that:
▪ You are at least 18 years old;
▪ You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into these Terms of Service;
▪ You will abide by all the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service;
b. Member Profiles. A Visitor may browse the Site in accordance with these Terms of Service, but will not have access to certain Services without first becoming a Member. In order to use the Services available to a Member, You are required to set up a Member Profile with us. When You set up a Member Profile, You will be assigned a unique user ID and You are required to select a password (collectively “Log-In Credentials”). You promise that all information You provide to us is true, accurate, current and complete, and You agree to maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You may not transfer or share Your Log-In Credentials with any third parties, and You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Log-In Credentials. You acknowledge and agree that we rely on Log-In Credentials to know whether users using our Services are authorized to do so. If someone accesses our Services using Your Log-In Credentials, we will rely on the Log-In Credentials and will assume that it is really You who is accessing the Services. You are solely responsible for any and all use of Your Log-In Credentials and Member Profile and all activities that occur under or in connection with Your Log-In Credentials or Member Profile. You agree to be responsible for any act or omission of any users that access the Services under Your Log-In Credentials. If You are designated as the Primary Caregiver, subject to LyfLynks’ then-current limitations, you may invite others to access certain household or service accounts. Your invitees will be required to establish their own Member Profile and agree to these Terms of Service; provided, however, as the Primary Caregiver, You will also remain responsible for any acts or omissions of the Members that you invite to access any household or service accounts. If You are creating a Member Profile on behalf of a third party, You represent that you have the authority to represent such third party and bind the third party to these Terms of Service. For illustration purposes only, if You are creating a Primary Caregiver Member Profile on behalf of a loved one who is seeking care, You represent that your loved one has provided You with proper authority to act on their behalf and that Your loved one will abide by these Terms of Service.
c. Promotional Code. LyfLynks has been contracted by other entities to provide their clients, customers or employees (“Group Members”) discounted membership in the Lyflynks Platform. These Group Members will be provided an employer sponsored Promotional Code to be entered by the Primary Caregiver into the LyfLynks app during their enrollment.
2. LYFLYNKS IS A VENUE. Our Services are a venue designed to connect primary caregivers (“Primary Caregivers”) with service providers needed by Primary Caregivers to keep track of, coordinate and monitor the well-being of their loved ones (“Service Providers”). LyfLynks does not provide any of the related services, such as companion care or transportation. LyfLynks is not required to participate in the interaction between Primary Caregivers (or any other Members) and Service Providers except to collect payments from Primary Caregivers. LyfLynks does not provide any healthcare billing services. You understand and agree that LyfLynks has no control over and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any Members or Service Providers. You also understand and agree that LyfLynks makes no representation or warranty regarding the quality of any services provided by any Service Provider. LyfLynks is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by any Member or Service Provider. LYFLYNKS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, AND YOU EXPRESSLY RELEASE LYFLYNKS FROM, ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGES, SUITS, CLAIMS AND/OR CONTROVERSIES THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE FROM AND/OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF MEMBERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PROVISION OF ANY SERVICES BY ANY SERVICE PROVIDER.
3. LICENSE. Subject to these Terms of Service, LyfLynks grants You a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to (a) download, install and use a copy of the App on one or more mobile devices or computers or internet web browsers that You own or control, and (b) to use the other aspects of the Services, in each case solely for Your own personal purposes. Furthermore, with respect to any App accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (each an “App Store” and references to the App Store include the corporate entity and its subsidiaries making the App Store available to You), You agree to comply with all applicable third party terms of the App Store (the “Usage Rules”) when using the App. To the extent the terms of these Terms of Service provide for usage rules that are less restrictive than or otherwise in conflict with the Usage Rules, the more restrictive term applies.
Additional Terms Only Applicable when Accessing and Downloading the App from the Apple App Store: With respect to any App accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (an “App Store Sourced Application”), You will only use the App Store Sourced Application (i) on an Apple-branded product that runs the iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system) and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service. In addition, the following provisions apply to any App Store Sourced Application:
a. You acknowledge and agree that (i) these Terms of Service are concluded between You and LyfLynks only, and not Apple, and (ii) LyfLynks, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and content thereof. Your use of the App Store Sourced Application must comply with the App Store Terms of Service.
b. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
c. In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, You may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to You and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between LyfLynks and Apple, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of LyfLynks.
d. You and LyfLynks acknowledge that, as between LyfLynks and Apple, Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims You have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or Your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
e. You and LyfLynks acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App Store Sourced Application or Your possession and use of that App Store Sourced Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between LyfLynks and Apple, LyfLynks, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms of Service.
f. You and LyfLynks acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms of Service as related to Your license of the App Store Sourced Application, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms of Service as related to Your license of the App Store Sourced Application against You as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
g. Without limiting any other terms of these Terms of Service, You must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
4. OWNERSHIP. You understand and acknowledge that the software, code, proprietary methods and systems used to provide the Services (“Our Technology”) are: (a) copyrighted by us and/or our licensors under United States and international copyright laws; (b) subject to other intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws; and (c) owned by us or our licensors. Our Technology may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and the prior written permission of our applicable licensors. You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any of Our Technology. Nothing in these Terms of Service grant You any right to receive delivery of a copy of Our Technology or to obtain access to Our Technology except as generally and ordinarily permitted through the Services according to these Terms of Service. Except as expressly provided in Section 3, nothing in these Terms of Service will be deemed to grant, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, a license to Our Technology. Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on in the Services constitute trademarks, tradenames, service marks or logos (“Marks”) of LyfLynks Inc. or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities. Any use of third party software provided in connection with the Services will be governed by such third parties’ licenses and not by these Terms of Service.
5. RULES REGARDING INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENT. When You access the Services, You obtain access to various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call “Content.” Content includes information and materials posted through the Services by You and other Members. You are entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that You post, email or otherwise make available through the Services. As between You and us, You retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in any copyrighted materials that are contained in Content that You post through the Services. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of Your copyright and other intellectual property rights related to that Content. You agree that any such Content or any derivative works thereof, may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by us, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by our Visitors and Members. You agree not to revise Content posted by others, and You represent and warrant that You will not post or use any Content in any manner that:
a. Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
b. Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties, including other Members;
c. Violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, including laws regarding anti-discrimination and false advertising;
d. Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
e. Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
f. Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others; Misrepresents Your identity in any way;
g. Misrepresents Your identity in any way;
h. Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
i. Contains any advertising or solicitation;
j. Advocates or encourages any illegal activity; or
k. Has the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers.
Though we strive to enforce these rules with all of our Members, and our other customers, You may be exposed through the Services to Content that violates our policies or is otherwise offensive. You access the Services at Your own risk. We may, but are not obligated to, delete Member Profiles and/or remove Content from the Services if we determine or suspect that those Member Profiles or Content violate the terms of these Terms of Service or the applicable agreement with the offending Member(s). We take no responsibility for Your exposure to Content through the Services whether it violates our content policies or not.
6. GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT. It is our goal to make access to our Services a good experience for Visitors and all of our Members. Correspondence between Members is for the sole purpose of connecting Primary Caregivers, Service Providers and other Members for purposes keeping track of, coordinating and monitoring the well-being of the Primary Caregiver’s loved one. If You receive the personal information of any other Member through the use of the Services, You may use the information solely as necessary to conduct a transaction through the Services. You may not use another Member’s personal information for any other purpose. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services or access to the Services for any purposes other than for which the Services are being provided to You, or do any of the following:
a. Recruit, solicit or contact any Member for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with LyfLynks;
b. Contact other Members for any purpose other than as set forth in this Terms of Service;
c. Harass, intimidate or otherwise engage in illegal or offensive behavior with respect to any other Member;
d. Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Services;
e. Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
f. Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Services, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Services;
g. Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Services to which You do not possess access rights;
h. Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
i. Use the Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam; allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam);
j. Use the Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
k. Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
l. Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
m. Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the App or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission; and LyfLynks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate Your use of the Services;
n. Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity; or
o. Mirror or frame the Site or the App or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
LyfLynks is committed to serving all clients, their caregivers and family members, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ancestry, military discharge status, marital status, source of income, housing status or other protected classification.
7. PAYMENTS. Access to the Site is free for Visitors and Members. Access to our Services (other than the Site), including the Member Care Center and App, are available to Primary Caregivers for a fee. By using our Services, Primary Caregiver agrees to pay LyfLynks the fees then in effect unless specifically notified otherwise. LyfLynks reserves the right, at any time, to modify its fees and/or billing methods.
Primary Caregiver introductory membership subscriptions are 3 months in length following initial enrollment. Upon enrollment, you authorize LyfLynks to charge your credit card or your employer to deduct from your wages the then current applicable fee in accordance with the membership plan you selected. Following the initial 3 month service period Primary Caregiver memberships will be automatically extended for successive 1 month renewal periods. YOU AGREE THAT THE TERM OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED AT THE END OF EACH TERM UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF THE CURRENT TERM BY CALLING LYFLYNKS AT 1-888-769-5870 OR BY DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT UNDER YOUR MEMBER PROFILE ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Upon automatic renewal, you authorize LyfLynks to charge your credit card or your employer to deduct from your wages the then current applicable fee in accordance with the membership plan you selected. Upon cancellation, you will have access to the membership benefits until the end of the then-current membership term, and the membership will not be renewed after that term expires. You will not be eligible for a refund of any portion of the membership fees paid for the then-current membership period. LyfLynks is not responsible for and will not reimburse any fees incurred by you from your bank or other financial institution, including without limitation overdraft charges, insufficient funds charges, interest charges, or finance charges, which may have occurred as a result of charges billed by LyfLynks. Reenrollment following cancellation is permitted but subject to the introductory 3 month membership commitment.
LyfLynks may use third party payment processing services to process credit card or bank information. LyfLynks expressly disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages related to LyfLynks use of third party payment processing services, including without limitation any damage that may result should any such information be released to any third parties.
a. Employee Payroll Deduction.For purposes of clarity, the Services provided by LyfLynks to Primary Caregiver do not include any services related to submitting claims for reimbursement from any third party payer. In addition, no Service Provider may make any claim for reimbursement from any third party payer, including any private or governmental insurance provider, in connection with the services provided to any Primary Caregiver by such Service Provider.
Employee payroll deduction: Primary Caregivers enrolling in the LyfLynks platform as employees of a LyfLynks contracted employer who provide an employer sponsored Promotional Code during enrollment hereby authorize Employer to withhold from wages the total amount of the then current applicable discounted employer sponsored membership fee in accordance with membership plan selected. Should Primary Caregivers employment terminate, he or she will be provided an opportunity to convert to a non-employer sponsored plan within sixty (60) days of such event.be provided an opportunity to convert to a non-employer sponsored plan within sixty (60) days of such event.
8. TEXT MESSAGES. LyfLynks may send Members SMS text messages in connection with the Services or otherwise. Receipt of the SMS text messages from LyfLynks is voluntary. By deciding to receive SMS text messages from LyfLynks, You give LyfLynks express permission to send SMS text messages to Your cellular phone and/or mobile device. Additionally, You do hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that LyfLynks does not have control over or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, or reliability of this Service. Carrier charges may apply for receiving SMS text messages. You are solely responsible for any costs You incur when receiving SMS text messages from LyfLynks.
9. MEMBER CARE CENTER. LyfLynks Members may use the Member Care Center designed to facilitate communication between Primary Caregivers and their families with Service Providers and other Members that the Primary Caregiver wishes to share information with, such as their healthcare providers. Your use of the Member Care Center is governed by this Agreement.
10. NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. All information, materials, content and/or advice provided through the Services is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional, financial, medical, legal or other advice. LyfLynks expressly disclaims, and You expressly release LyfLynks from, any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided through the Services. You should consult with an appropriately trained specialist for all concerns that require professional or medical advice.
12. SUSPENSION/TERMINATION. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately suspend or terminate Your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, without notice or refund. YOU AGREE THAT LYFLYNKS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES OR DELETION OF YOUR MEMBER PROFILE OR YOUR CONTENT. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR MEMBER PROFILE WILL IN NO WAY MODIFY, CHANGE OR VOID ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE INCURRED THROUGH YOUR USE OF ANY SERVICES, WHETHER SUCH OBLIGATION IS TO LYFLYNKS OR A THIRD PARTY.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY US ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SERVICES OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR INFORMATION. _
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY MERCHANT OR SERVICE PROVIDER SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY MEMBER OR SERVICE PROVIDER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN THE AGGREGATE, TO THE MEMEBERSHIP FEES PAID BY YOU TO LYFLYNKS DURING THE PREVIOUS TWELVE (12) MONTHS. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF LYFLYNKS FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCODUCT; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY ITS FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN LYFLYNKS AND YOU.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT LYFLYNKS DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF MEMBERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR, OR TAKE ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION REGARDING, DISPUTES THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH MEMBERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OTHER CUSTOMERS. _
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR LICENSORS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS, OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES.
15. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LyfLynks Inc., our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, co-branders and other partners, employees, consultants and agents, from and against any and all third-party claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from (a) any of Your Content and/or information that You submit, post or transmit through the Services, (b) Your use of the Services, (c) Your violation of these Terms of Service, (d) Your violation of any rights of any other person or entity or (e) any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines input by You into the Services. This provision does not require you to indemnify any of such parties for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with any Services provided hereunder. You agree that the provisions in this Section will survive any termination of your Member Profile, these Terms and/or your access to the Services.
16. COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask You to do the same. If You believe that Your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
□ An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
□ a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed;
□ a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Services;
□ Your address, telephone number, and email address;
□ a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
□ a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Services can be reached by directing an email to Stacy.Pervall@lyflynks.com.
17. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. The communications between You and us use electronic means, whether You visit the Site or send us emails, or whether we post notices on the Service or communicate with You via email. We can only give You the benefits of our service by conducting business through the Internet, and therefore we need You to consent to our giving You Communications electronically. This Section 17 informs You of Your rights when receiving Communications from us electronically. For contractual purposes, You (a) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, documents, disclosures, and other communications (“Communications”) that we provide to You electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such Communications would satisfy if it were in a writing. Your consent to receive Communications and do business electronically, and our agreement to do so, applies to all of Your interactions and transactions with us. The foregoing does not affect Your non-waivable rights. You may also receive a copy of these Terms of Service by accessing this Site. You may withdraw Your consent to receive Communications electronically by contacting us in the manner described below. If You withdraw Your consent, from that time forward, You must stop using the Services. The withdrawal of Your consent will not affect the legal validity and enforceability of any obligations or any electronic Communications provided or business transacted between us prior to the time You withdraw Your consent. Please keep us informed of any changes in Your email or mailing address so that You continue to receive all Communications without interruption.
18. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES. You understand and agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms of Service, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to these Terms of Service.
19. NO AFFILIATION. You acknowledge that You are not legally affiliated with LyfLynks in any way, and no independent contractor, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by Your use of the Services or by these Terms of Service.
20. GENERAL TERMS. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. The Terms of Service and the relationship between You and LyfLynks will be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of a different country or state. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms of Service. Any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to the Terms of Service, or Your use of the Services must be instituted exclusively in the federal or state courts located in the State of Maryland and in no other jurisdiction. You further consent to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in, and agree to service of process issued or authorized by, any such court. These Terms of Service are personal to You, and You may not transfer, assign or delegate Your right and/or duties under these Terms of Service to anyone else and any attempted assignment or delegation is void. You acknowledge that we have the right hereunder to seek an injunction, if necessary, to stop or prevent a breach of Your obligations hereunder. The paragraph headings in these Terms of Service, shown in boldface type, are included only to help make these Terms of Service easier to read and have no binding effect. Any delay or failure by LyfLynks to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver by us will have effect unless such waiver is set forth in writing, signed by us; nor will any such waiver of any breach or default constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. These Terms of Service, together with any applicable Supplemental Terms, constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between You and LyfLynks Inc. with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications or agreements. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms of Service, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the Terms of Service will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
21. SURVIVAL. All provisions that by their nature survive expiration or termination of these Terms of Service shall so survive, including without limitation, Section 2, Section 4, all limitations on liability explicitly set forth herein and our proprietary rights in and to the Content provided by us, Our Technology and the Services.
Last Updated: 7 February 2023